Saturday, March 21, 2009

Market backpack



I finally busted out the sewing machine. This is my first sewing project since moving to Wisconsin. I've been itching to get it out. I still don't have a very good workspace for sewing. I ended up using the kitchen table and counter. It gets kind of messy with fabric all over and meals. I made this backpack for my trips to the co-op and to the farmers market. I wanted a backpack that was more fun than your boring backpack for hiking. I used some fabric which I bought at the thrift store back in McCall. The idea has been bouncing around in my head for a few weeks as I tried to figure out logistics of it all. I'm not quite satisfied with it. I wish it was a little bit deeper, but otherwise I think it turned out alright on the first try. I took it to the indoor farmers market this morning to try it out. Unfortunately the Amish guy we buy eggs from isn't allowed to sell them at the market anymore unless he gets a license! I guess the license costs $95! So all he had was hickory nuts, dried beans and maple syrup. Now that the sewing machine is out, I'm working on Easter outfits to go in the kids baskets, maybe even stuffed animals. We will see.


No comments: