Monday, July 21, 2008

Handmade

This past weekend I made a couple of dresses for Amelia. They were supposed to be for next summer, but since this is my first attempt at making clothes for her it didn't quite work out that way. So she has a new dress for this summer and one for the next. The brown one didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to. The armholes ended up being a little small for next year, so I just cut the dress shorter so it would fit now. In doing this, it is kind of big on the shoulders and kind of wide. All in all not bad for my first try. She wore Friday night to the music festival. My inspiration for this you can find at shannamurray.typepad.com. The green dress I think turned out really cute. I'm not sure how it will fit. This past week we got a baby gift from our friends in California, Chris and Gitte. Gitte's mom knit Amelia a beautiful sweater. I love it. It will go well with the flower dress that I made.




1 comment:

Tiffany Hoffman said...

Girl! You really have talent. How wonderful you made these dresses that she should keep to pass down to her children~
Tiff ;)