Sunday, July 13, 2008

SUMMERTIME


I can't get enough of the wildflowers here. Summer here is perfect. July and August you can almost guarantee that it will be sunny. Everyday is clear blue skies with temperatures in the 80's. At night it drops to the 40's and makes for very comfortable sleeping. Sometimes though it does get a little too cold. The night before last it actually frosted! The one problem here though is that it is too short.



Summer is flying by as usual. One of my goals is to be able to create one thing a week this summer. Sometimes it can be kind of hard since we are so busy. This past week I made a bag out of material I got from the thrift store. I think it turned out pretty well.

I was able to accomplish two things this past week. Our bathroom has a door with a window on it. For the past 7 years we just put a piece of fabric on the back of it and called it good. We thought it was about time for something a bit nicer. Jimmy made a curtain rod and I made the curtain. Again it was with fabric from the thrift store. I added some applique and embroidery. I think it looks alright. It's my first attempt at a curtain.




I thought I should of course include some pictures of the kids. Amelia is such a ham. She loves posing for pictures. Her little personality is really starting to emerge.




No comments: