Monday, July 28, 2008

Smiling Cricket

The elusive mormon cricket. Fischer and I have been trying to catch one for days. You here them out in the field and when you get close they stop chirping. They are hard to find in all that grass. These crickets are actually pretty big. They get to just over 2 inches big. I caught it in a net because it kept hopping away. It was pretty funny whenever Fischer touched it, the cricket would make a loud chirping noise and Fischer and I would both jump and he would end up dropping it. In the picture he looks like he is smiling, though I still did not want to touch him. I don't know how many times I jumped while taking his picture! It felt like he was so close.


I thought I should include a couple photos that are a little more pleasant to look at. Amelia! She started pulling herself up in her crib and figured out how to go from lying to sitting. So now at night we find her sitting up in bed. She started crawling today, though not very far yet.



No comments: